Saturday, December 18, 2010

I can't stop you holding me

I keep on fighting,
and trying to break
out of these arms
that hold me.

I keep on pushing,
hoping and wishing
I could tear myself
away from it.

But then you grab me,
and hold me close,
and show me just
how beautiful you are.
You keep on showing
and showing me
the glory of it all,
the glory of You.

My tears are streaming,
I struggle hard,
to show you I can
do it myself.

But...

My smile keeps gleaming
in spite of it all,
because you showed me
you're there all along.

And then you grab me,
and hold me close,
to show me just
how beautiful you are.
You keep on holding,
and holding me closer,
til you've told me once again,
"I Am beautiful."

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get a chance to comment when you first posted this, but I love this. You did a great job picturing God holding on to us, even when we struggle to get free of His grasp. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete