Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Irrational Love

If I believed in luck,

I think right now is a time when I would call myself the luckiest girl in the world.

I don't believe in luck,

but I might just say it anyway.

I am the luckiest girl in the world.

(translation: luck means blessed in this post, for all those concerned about me)

Honestly,

I feel so undeserving of it.

I know I am so undeserving.

And that's what makes it all the more amazing.
You see the way the sun is shining off those buildings?

That's kind of the way I feel right now.

I can't really contain the shiningness of the love I feel,

I just have to figure out ways to bounce it back, and spread it around.
And those winds and heavy breezes of exhilarating, intoxicating, irrational love just blow so hard.

And it's the kind of weight that makes me want to cry,

but that's because it's the weight of beauty,

"and most often it is joy that breaks the heart."

Outrageous grace and irrational love. . .

. . .combined, they hit me so hard I can hardly stand.

So I just bend beneath the weight.

And the weight feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment